Powered by Blogger.
RSS

Turn Back Time

Its my nephew's 2nd birthday this saturday and I've been racking my brains out for something that i should get him on this special day. He already has heaps of clothes and toys and i dont know what else I can get him...Hopefully I can go shopping tomorrow and stumble upon something that he would like.

This week I've also been doing a lot of random thinking just because I've started to procrastinate a lot again since I handed that big assignment in on monday. It so much easier as a kid. Everytime I look at my nephew I kind of wish I could turn back time. He's always happy and only gets sad or cries when his mother doesnt give him a lolly or toy. No need to think about what people think of him, no deadlines to meet, no pressure at all. I know people say that we all grow up one day and have to stop being a kid. Society even has issues with adults that act even a little bit like kids. I'm not saying that all I want to do all day is play with toys, sleep and being spoonfed. Life is just so much simplier and innocent as a kid, even the people around you. No lies, no jealousy, no competitiveness, no fakeness. What happens between the transition of a child to adult that rids us of this innocent and simplicity? Why do people want to grow up so fast when all it does is expose us to lies and fake faces?

Although nowadays, children are 'growing up' faster and faster. Its sad that I see 10 year old kids swearing, pulling out their rude fingers and screaming at their parents. So maybe it is good that I've grew up in the earlier generation, where 'dumb' and 'idiot' were the 'worst' swear words that i knew and you wouldnt just say them to act 'cool' in front of your friends....

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment