Powered by Blogger.
RSS

I WANT TO TRAVEL THE WORLD!!

Lately, I have had a breakdown to almost everyone I know about my family, what I want to do with the rest of my life etc etc. I have finally made a decision. My medicine dream can go on for another two years, while I finish my last year of pharmacy and do my registration year. After that, I have decided to take a gap year from the money that I would have saved up with my one year of extremely underpaid work as a intern pharmacist (come on, when I graduate I will get paid AUD$15 an hour, whereas as a third year student I was getting paid AUD$20).

I am going to take a year off to travel and sightsee as well as learn to become independent. In a cliche way, it means i am going on a journey to find myself, kinda like Julia Roberts in Eat Pray Love, except hopefully it will entail much MUCH more fun than her journey.  I am really excited about this idea, and at the same time scared. I'm afraid the year off will not be enough to try and find myself and what I really want to do in the future. I'm also scared of going on that journey alone, but the excitement of travelling does weight out these fears for now. I want to travel around Asia, America, Canada and maybe Europe..IF i have the money. Hopefully it wont be an issue, and if it does, I've decided to temporarily work overseas in little jobs, such as bartending, waitering, office work etc. 

I would like to find the job of my dreams, where every morning I'm actually excited about going to work. Some people have told me that you will never find a job like that and I'm just kidding myself as you will lose interest in all jobs once you've worked long enough. But I really do believe that if you are truly passionate about something, you can never lose interest. There will always be sparks or times in your job that make will rekindle your interest. It is a bit scary to think that for the past 5 years, all I've been thinking about is being a doctor, being a pharmacist, being in the healthcare field of work. All I think about is what else am I good at? what if there isnt anything? Should I really just settle for a job that I dont mind working in? Well I'll just have to wait for 2013 to see if I'll have the answer to these questions. =)

Signing Out,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment