Powered by Blogger.
RSS

What gives us the right to be happy?

My title says it all. What really gives us the right to be happy? A chinese saying says that 'one must go through the bitter, before you can taste the sweet'. Is that really true? that we must all suffer through the bad times before we get to have the happiness that we have earned. So is a person supposed to be unhappy if they have never suffered through any of the bad or bitter times. For my whole life I've always lived like a king. I rarely do housework as a kid, only sometimes the dishes and vacuum and mopping the floor. I got almost anything I wanted, I got all the video games, I got all the clothes and newest laptops. Even now, I have the latest phone and the latest gaming consoles. So according to the chinese saying, am I supposed to be miserable until I've gone through some hard times. Maybe I never really deserved this happiness.

At this moment, I feel like someone had made a mistake in my life and given me all this happiness and good times which I never really deserved and is about to be all taken back. I'd like to think that maybe after this hard time that i'm going through, I will evenutally get the 'sweet' back.  I have always believed in things such as karma and what comes around, goes around. I know there are those that think these are just things innocent and naive people say, but I really do...or at least did. But right now, I am seriously that even if you do good for your whole life, sacrifice everything for your family and friends, all you get is pain and suffering. There is no cycle. There is no karma. Maybe it is what nice and innocent people say even when things go wrong. So why don't we all just break the law, do bad things...its all going to be the same outcome. Just look at all the rich people in the world...i bet you all of them has done bad things just to get to where they are.

I am really feeling a bit tasteless towards life at the moment. I know this is really emo, but its true. If the only thing to look forward to is pain, suffering and misery no matter how many good deeds you have done in your life, why bother living at all. Why spend your whole life sacrificing everything for others, when that is what you get in return. You may think that I should probably just kill myself now if i think like that. But after a long shower, i realise why people like my mum do it. Why they are willing to sacrifice their all for me or why others are willing to do the same for their special someone. Love. This may be really cliche, but it really is true. After going through so many different things since I've been back, I have realised how strong love can be. The strength that it has given me is unbelievable. Despite having so many health problems my mum still manages to work 7 days a week and for 16-17 hours a day, just for this simple word. Love. and for that, I'd like to end this post with a simple...I love you, mum.



Signing Out,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment