Powered by Blogger.
RSS

In the Dark

Currently having a power outage at our house so I decided to use the little 14 minutes of my laptop battery to quickly do a blog hehe

As a kid, I remember I used to love when the lights and power go out. Even though we had no TV, or internet or any lights for that matter, I still used to be very excited when it did happen. The reason for this would be that my sister, mum and I would just hid out in my mum's room and just do random things such as play with the torch and make hand shadows, or use the torch to read from this hilarious book that tried to teach chinese people english. We would spend the hour or so just laughing uncontrollably and would be entertaining ourselves with whatever we can think of until the power came back on. Usually when it did come back on, my mum would cook us a HUGE meal after our little family session haha


However, nowadays its completely different. My sister has moved out, I have moved out and my mum rarely stays at home as well. Its been so many years since I've had one of these blackout sessions with my family. Even if it does happen, we rarely do any of the stuff we used to do anyway. I would probably just go take a nap or something and hoping that by the time I wake up, the power will be back on.

Right now, I am experiencing a blackout at my house. However, there is no one here for me to entertain myself with. No torches, no chinese books, and soon to be a dead laptop. There is one thing though, my memories of all the good times I've had with my mum and sister. If only things were the same as they were several years ago....

Signing Out,

  • Digg
  • Del.icio.us
  • StumbleUpon
  • Reddit
  • RSS

0 comments:

Post a Comment